Part time Medical Secretary / Administrator
We are looking for an experienced & enthusiastic Medical Secretary /Administrator to join our friendly & busy team.
We have a growing list size of circa 6300 patients & our dedicated staff have built an excellent reputation in meeting the needs of our patients.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication / organisational skills, a good telephone manner, be able to deal with sensitive & confidential issues appropriately, remain calm under pressure & prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
The role is varied & will at times incorporate reception cover on an ad-hoc basis to meet the business needs. Our usual reception hours are 8am to 6:30pm with late nights Tuesday till 8pm & Thursdays to 7.30pm.
· Variety of Secretarial & administrative duties i.e. typing referral letters, using E-Referral system.
· Processing applications for private medical reports, insurance claims & other private work, including requests for access to patient records.
· Summarising & read coding of relevant information from patient’s clinical records, hospital correspondence
· Dealing with telephone queries
· Liaison with outside agencies / Secondary care
This role will include a requirement to attend PPG quarterly meetings (Monday evenings), producing an agenda prior to meetings & taking/typing minutes. Email liaison with PPG members to circulate documentation, discussing ideas for promotion of both the surgery & PPG, supporting & facilitating any events.
Candidates must be able to work as part of a team & be flexible to cover additional hours / cover staff holidays & sickness when required.
NHS & SystmOne experience preferred – but not essential. Training will be provided.
Hours: 20 per week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
9.30 to 2.30 – (with option to work till 3pm with 30 min unpaid break)
CV applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you supply your current notice period, along with your current hourly pay rate.
Interviews will be scheduled to take place between 2nd to 9th October 2019.