The new, simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. The App is free to download.
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- securely view your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
The NHS App connects securely to your SystmOne electronic medical record. It currently offers better functionality than the SystmOnline App.
NHS Digital expect all surgeries to be connected by 1 July 2019.
Setting up the NHS APP
- Open the App and create an account. You will need you NHS number, a valid email address and a mobile number for receiving verification codes. You will only need to do this stage once.
- Link the NHS App to your Practice system. You should only need to do this stage once, although you may need to reset the link if technical problems occur. There are two ways that you can do this.
If you already have online access to your medical record, you will need:
- The ODS (organisation) code for your practice,
- Your Account ID and,
- The third party product Passphrase.
a) and b) can be found in Account Information in your SystmOnline Access. All three pieces of information will have been included in the original letter you received giving your login details for SystmOnline, however the Passphrase can be reissued for you by the practice. You will need to provide ID in order for this to be done.
If you do not have online access to your medical record, you will need ID such as UK Photo driving licence or Passport. Allow the NHS App access to the camera on your phone/tablet. Take a photograph of your ID when prompted, ensure that all four corners of the ID are visible in the picture. When requested, record a short video of yourself. You will be asked to say the numbers displayed on screen. Once the request is submitted, your ID will be verified. This may take a few hours. You will be notified by email if the verification is successful. Your surgery will be sent a task, which once actioned will link the NHS App to your record.
Register for online access with your surgery (policies may vary) and obtain the ODS code, account ID and Passphrase.
- Logging in to the NHS App. Each time you log in you will need your email address and the password you set (NOT the Passphrase). A 6 digit verification code will be sent to the mobile number you registered in step 1.
Log onto SystmOnline (https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/Login) & enter your username & password to allow access to:
- Online booking / cancelling of appointments
- Online ordering of repeat prescriptions
- Online access to summary information regarding allergies, medications, adverse reactions
- Online access to Detailed Coded Record - subject to application & GP discretion
Watch the below video's for guidance on how to use SystmOnline:
How can I get access to my GP Record?
If you do not currently have a password set up for SystmOnline, please come to the Surgery with your identification & our Reception team can produce this for you. Please attend in person as we are unable to give your password details to anyone else.
A new guide is available for patients who need to give another person, such as their carer, access to their GP online services. It explains the benefits and shows patients how to do this. The guide, called Giving another person access to your GP online services (black and white) / Giving another person access to your GP online services (colour), is available to download and print.
To request access to your Detailed Coded Record download the relevant forms from below.
Patient Information Leaflet
Patient Access Form
Proxy Access Form
How can I be certain that no one else can get access to information from my GP record?
Only you will be given access to your record. When you sign-up to SystmOnline, you will be given a secure login and a password. These details are unique to you and, along with your personal information, will not be shared with anybody else unless you choose to let them see it. This is no different to how you would access other online services, for example banking.
Benefits of using SystmOnline for patients :
It is more convenient for patients because they can book or cancel appointments or request repeat prescriptions online at any time of the day, every day of the year (whilst in UK only)
Booking appointments and requesting prescriptions online is more accurate and less prone to misunderstandings and mistakes, because the details are visible on the screen
Patients are able to monitor their health and be more involved in their care.
Carers with proxy access for the patient they are caring for can receive the same benefits.
Visit the Surgery today to request your password